Why choose Buildings and Contents Insurance for your home?

2 months on from the budget and insurance is due for renewal, I found this useful when trying to decide on whether to have contents insurance with my buildings insurance.

Consumer Debt Solutions Blog

Our previous blog talked about the level of cover required when it comes to home insurance. This post highlights the two different types of insurance and how by having these correctly documented could save you having to investigate debt solutions in the case of an unfortunate event.

You can get standalone or combined insurance policies. (Some insurance companies now offer extra discounts if you take out other types of insurance with then such as motor, holiday or pet insurance.) The type of policy you would need, in part depends on whether you are a home owner or tenant. If you are a home owner, still paying on a mortgage, a policy covering the building is usually mandatory and you would have to ensure that you have an adequate policy in place. For the tenant, the landlord would usually have a buildings policy, but would not have contents cover in place.

View original post 278 more words


About iccle2013

Nearly 40 and starting to blog
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s